Thursday, October 4, 2007

i hate roosters

It all began when I was locked out of a mud hut 6 years ago in Tanzania (yes, you read that correctly, I was locked out of a mud hut). The light of the moon disappeared and I didn´t have any way to tell the time. I thought the roosters crowing indicated that the sun would come up soon and I would be free from my "imprisionment." Instead, they crowed for about 2 hours before the sun came up. Didn´t anyone tell them they are only supposed to crow once like good roosters?

Apparently, this crowing-for-hours deal works the world over, as roosters in Central and South America do the same thing. You would think that rural areas would be quieter and allow for better sleeping than cities, but that is not the case.

I have several pictures to post as soon as I can get a computer that will read my card, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's like Freddie all over again. I remember Holly and Anna wanted to kill that freaking rooster. :)