Monday, October 15, 2007

seahorses!

I just got back from my first 2 scuba diving experiences and it was fantastic! And as you might be able to guess from the title, we saw seahorses! They were tiny, especially considering one was a baby. We also saw a huge hermit crab co-habitating with some shrimp and a gigantic cucumber. Although I just realized I made a classic scuba diving mistake, as everything is 1/3 bigger underwater, so the cucumber probably wasn't as big as I think. I'll keep posting about the underwater sights as I experience them and will hopefully be able to take some photos at the end of my course. Right now I'm concentrating on breathing underwater (it's harder than you might think!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay - I love scuba diving!!! So glad you get to experience it. Just remember to relax and focus on your breathing and everything else will be a breeze (or a current, since you're under water.) :-P

I went to the GA Aquarium for the first time this weekend. Very cool, but doesn't compare to the real thing. Take pictures, if you can!

Hack said...

sounds amazing. Much cooler than school.

Billy said...

Just remeber to relax and enjoy the dive. Try NOT to talk, take our time and when going to the surface go slow.

Look all around, everything you see is alive and many things that look like plants are really animals.

What a wonderful and exciting expericence.

Love,
DAD

Debo said...

How exciting - sometimes I think being underwater is so much better then being on ground; less noise and endless possibilities. Here's hoping you see all and more -- Debo

Unknown said...

my whole coral reef study trip I was searching for sea horses, apparently they are very rare where we were (and everywhere!). It's so amazing to be underwater exploring. Watch out for sharks!

elaine said...

that's what she said!

Billy said...

que envidia tan grande tengo, pero estoy feliz por lo maravilloso que estas pasando!!
cuidate mucho,
un abrazo, Evita