Monday, October 29, 2007

bus break down

So I posted this morning that yesterday was the ultimate gringo day. Today was the opposite (I must have jinxed myself). I took a bus from La Fortuna to San Ramon, which was supposed to be 3 hours and found myself sitting on the side of the road for 2.5 hours waiting for another bus to arrive because ours broke down. Luckily, the scenery wasn't too shabby and there was a restaurant conveniently located 30 meters away that served me rice, beans, and fried eggs, a variation of my breakfast, which was rice, beans, and scrambled eggs. We also bought a pineapple for a dollar and split it among 3 of us.


2 comments:

Billy said...

How was the fruit and was the other food any good? Were you high in the mountains? How far to your next destination?

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the bus breakdown, but believe me that those of sitting in our offices in the states are still living vicariously through your travel blogging.

Thanks for posting all the great photos!