Saturday, October 13, 2007

downpour in the caribbean

I finally made it the Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras, and after finding a scuba diving instructor with whom I feel safe, it started raining and hasn't stopped since yesterday afternoon. Not surprisingly, this makes it difficult to learn how to scuba dive. Hopefully the weather will clear and I will get to see some fantastic sights of the underwater world.

These islands are a whole different world than anything else. I'm not entirely sure which language I should speak and can't understand everything people are saying to me because it's very Caribbean (think Jamaican, almost). It's easy to see how people come for vacation and stay for 15 years.

I ate barracuda last night (yes, I ate fish). It was pretty good, same consistency as tuna, but different flavor, not too fishy.

Also, I realized that on some computers the photos of the summit don't look very good, they are way too dark (they looked good on the computer I posted them on), so I apologize and will change them out later.

No comments: