Wednesday, April 30, 2008

success!!!

I did it! I made it to base camp and back, all in one piece. I've had a few days to decompress and am going to try and please all my fans with some photos (and stories). First of all, I want to make if abundantly clear that I did NOT climb Everest. In fact, I didn't even climb ON Everest. Base camp isn't actually on the mountain, unfortunately. However, I did see the mountain quite a few times and those photos will come with time, I promise. The 16 days I spent on the trail were incredible and this was definitely one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. The scenery was breathtaking and worth every step (which is what many people told us to encourage us along the way and luckily they were right).

[I just spent an hour and a half trying to load some photos, only to have something fail, so I'm going to dinner instead of spending another hour and a half trying again. I'll try again later. Sorry! AHHH, computers in Nepal...]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!! I'm glad you're back safely. Can't wait to see the pics. :)

Emily said...

Awesome.

Brownman said...

Well done sanders, looking forward to seeing some pics

Margaret said...

That's so cool! Great job. (And I'm jealous, hehe.)