Tuesday, April 8, 2008

attempting Everest, base camp that is

I have gotten a crazy idea and have decided to attempt to climb Everest, or at least to base camp. I have no idea if I will be successful, but everyone cross your fingers that I am, please. If all goes well, I will be out of contact starting this Wednesday until around April 25. Don't worry, there will be LOTS of photos when I return (if the weather cooperates). Please send lots of great wishes my way, and maybe a little oxygen too!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

just another example of your bravery and taste for true adventure! holding my breath to save some O2 for you! can't wait to hear about it.

Scott Gross said...

Word! Don't lose those cute little toes.

Unknown said...

Only you would think, "Hmm, since I'm here, maybe I'll climb this huge terrifying mountain. Why not?" :)

And only you would be successful. Too bad you don't have your Camp Toccoa sweatshirt yet to keep you warm.

Have tons of fun, be safe, and like Scott said, come home with all your appendages. :) I'm thinkin' of ya everyday!

Caroline said...

whoa!! i hope it's going okay!! i was just going to email you about canyon de chelly - i'm trying to do a rotation at the IHS med center at Shiprock and I wanted to ask you if I'm crazy to go in July...

Hack said...

Show that moutain who is boss!!

sawyer.becca said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mary said...

You're crazy Sauti! I just found your email about this blog in my inbox, I'm so bad! It's already april! Let me know when you get to Africa, you can say hamjambo to my mama and baba! Good luck on everest!

Maz

Unknown said...

Happy Earth Day!! I hope you're taking pictures!