Tuesday, March 4, 2008

the Ganges

Since I lost a bunch of photos and about a month of catching up is no longer possible, I guess I'll just bring the blog up to speed now. I'm currently staying in a town called Rishikesh located on either side of the holy Ganges river in the foothills of the Himalayas. I've been taking it easy here, practicing yoga for about 2.5 hours everyday and enjoying it immensely. A whole troup of monkeys hangs out every day on the suspension bridge (pictured below) scaring the pants off me every time I have to cross it. Sometimes, they get into their monkey mischief and harass the passers-by, including attacking a little boy one day. No eye contact with the monkeys!
a view of the river from the bridge
cows make use of the bridge as well
the bridge from the bridge

No comments: