Tuesday, December 11, 2007

mexico city

I met someone during my journey from Guatemala to Mexico City who wished that I would get stuck in Mexico City. I didn't really wish this upon myself, but her wish for me came true. I've been here about a week and have been occupied most of the time. The city is massive, and polluted, but has so much culture and so many amazing neighborhoods that it has been a great place to get "stuck."

Christmas in Mexico City

the cathedral in the center of downtown
a mural depicting the Spainards in Mexico; it made my heart very heavy

buildings and the angel in the middle of town


a colonial building that i thought was interesting

(I'm not sure if the photos are bad, if the computer I loaded them on distorted them, or if the computer I'm using is bad, but the quality seems a bit off...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny you say that about the wish... it made me think of Susan Kidd. She loves Mexico City and will be happy to know you got "stuck" there. :)

I hope your lungs survive the pollution!