Monday, May 12, 2008

the photos you've all been waiting for...

Okay, well maybe not, but Everest photos are below. First a couple of others on the way there...
part of the Everest range; this part of the trek was like walking on the moon
the eastern side of Cho-la Pass (over 5300 meters) - an amazing glacier was waiting for us after a loooong ascent up 600 meters in the snow
moonrise
and there she is
sunset casting colors on the mountain - it was freezing cold waiting for the sun to finish (this is from a view point called Kala Patther - 5550 meters high/over 18,000 feet; highest point I've ever been!)

2 comments:

Scott Gross said...

That is everything I wanted to see! slamma jamma

ZCoffey said...

That is so rad I wish I would have seen your blog when you were over there. Wow, I would love to go there. . LUCKY!